Holiday Meet-Ups with your favorite writers
- Roy Robbins (North: A Novel) and Charles Oldham (The Senator’s Son) share secrets of mystery writing, in fiction and non-fiction, with Fountain Bookstore. Missed it? VIEW VIDEO HERE
- Ray McAllister (author, new edition of Hatteras Island, and Ocracoke—and publisher of Jack Sandberg’s new Uncle Jack’s Outer Banks) to discuss the allure, history and laughs of the Outer Banks. Dec. 3. POSTPONED FOR COVID. CHECK BACK FOR RESCHEDULING.
- Anne Moss Rogers discusses Diary of a Broken Mind, Henrico County Public Library online discussion. No video available.
- All book purchases receive FREE STANDARD SHIPMENT
- 3 or more books now receive FREE PRIORITY MAIL SHIPMENT
JANUARY 2021 BOOK OF THE MONTH
Award-winning print book adds Audio!
JAN. 2021. Beach Glass Books announces the award-winning “DIARY OF A BROKEN MIND: A Mother’s Story, A Son’s Suicide, and The Haunting Lyrics He Left Behind,” by Anne Moss Rogers with Charles Rogers — now available in AUDIO BOOKS.
Get this powerful memoir as:
- An audiobook, voiced by Lisa Williams. To hear a sample and/or to get the audiobook FREE with trial Audible membership, visit Audible.
- An eBook on Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo, and other e-readers.
- A signed print copy with FREE mailing.
HATTERAS ISLAND: Keeper of the Outer Banks, 2nd Edition now also in PAPERBACK and AUDIO BOOK!
JULY 2020 BOOK OF THE MONTH
Ray McAllister’s award-winning Hatteras Island: Keeper of the Outer Banks is, as he puts it, “a conversation with an island.” And what an island. Hatteras Island is the quintessential Outer Banks, with a rich history of pirates, shipwrecks, hurricanes, as well as beautiful beaches and family vacations. And of, course, that world-famous Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The new 2nd Edition includes new bridges, hurricanes, a distress call from the Titanic and even a short-lived new island.
New for 2020: The Paperback. And The Audio Book.
Signed hardcovers and now paperbacks available with Free Shipping.
NOW in EBOOK! Beach Glass Book is pleased to announce the Outer Banks Classic, PORTSMOUTH: THE WAY IT WAS, is now available in eBooks!
A small, now uninhabited island southwest of Ocracoke, Portsmouth Island was once a thriving seaport serving the North Carolina coast. This award-winning 1996 book, by the late ELLEN FULCHER CLOUD, is the true story of “the Ghost Village of the Outer Banks.” Portsmouth is now back in a special enhanced edition, with larger pages, more photographs, and a foreword by Ray McAllister.
(Click on the links to buy print or new eBook editions.)
- How PORTSMOUTH came to be. Read Ray McAllister’s foreword to the book.
NORTH: A Novel is NOW HERE!
MAY BOOK OF THE MONTH
APRIL BOOK OF THE MONTH
“Sandberg’s humor strikes universal chords, from small ukulele strings to rich double bass.” – Boomer magazine
In hardcover & eBook editions
The Most ENTERTAINING
MARCH BOOK OF THE MONTH
The award-winning print book adds audio books and eBooks!
Beach Glass Books announces the publishing of the award-winning “THE SENATOR’S SON: The Shocking Disappearance, The Delebrated Trial, and the Mystery That Remains a Century Later,” by Charles Oldham — in AUDIO BOOKS and EBOOKS.
- Get your Audiobook, read by actor John Witt. To hear a free sample and/or to get the audiobook FREE with trial Audible membership, visit https://www.audible.com/pd/B0828M5JQD/
- Or get your eBook on Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, and other e-readers: DETAILS
- Or get your signed print copy now with FREE mailing. DETAILS
The Shocking Disappearance, The Celebrated Trial, and The Mystery That Remains a Century Later
BY CHARLES OLDHAM
Foreword by Ray McAllister
“Fascinating … murky … The Senator’s Son is local history at its finest.” – DEAN KING, best-selling author
“The book is craftily written, deeply researched, and will stick to your hands like a lantern during this dark, raveled Southern tale of disappearance.” – DAVID L. ROBBINS, best-selling author
“A vibrant, engrossing true tale … both educational and nearly impossible to stop reading.” – Diane Donovan, MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW
the award-winning children’s book, is back in print in a new, enlarged edition. Pick up this enchanting tale by Lindsay McAllister Zarse, with enlarged drawings by acclaimed artist Brian Martin.
New printing now available! GET YOURS with FREE SHIPPING.
Wrightsville Beach now available in AUDIOBOOK, read by actor John Witt, for $19.95.
Or 2 ways to get it FREE:
- Buy any two Ray McAllister print books and automatically get a free audiobook, or:
- Sign up for a 30-day trial at Audible. Wrightsville Beach is yours to keep even if you cancel!
BY ELLEN FULCHER CLOUD
Foreword by Ray McAllister
Companion book to
Portsmouth: The Way It Was
Get Ocracoke Lighthouse and The Old Salts for just $21.00 with FREE shipping
Flights of Fancy, Randy & Barb’s Humor Book, Is Out!
Beach Glass Books is proud to announce the publication of Randy and Barbara Fitzgerald’s book of humor columns, Flights of Fancy.
The book of award-winning columns includes a foreword by Ray McAllister, illustrations by Douglas Payne, and numerous family photographs. Get your signed copy at one of their signings, or ORDER NOW with FREE mailing.
Wrightsville 10th Anniversary Edition launches!
The expanded and enhanced edition of the award-winning Wrightsville Beach: The Luminous Island was published with a kickoff event at the Wrightsville Beach Museum of History. For more on the book, or to order a copy, CLICK HERE.
NEW! Enhanced “WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH” with larger pages & twice pictures, new foreword by Ben Steelman, new author afterword
Just $22.95 with FREE SHIPPING!
NOW AVAILABLE: The enhanced edition of Ray McAllister’s Ocracoke: The Pearl of the Outer Banks — with larger pages and photographs, 32 additional photographs, and signed by the author — is now out.
The new edition is available in hardcover format for $22.95.
Ocracoke, originally published in 2013, is the fourth book in the author’s North Carolina coastal series. Ocracoke offers a look at the history, people and continuing allure of the remote, white-sanded island that draws tens of thousands of visitors each year. New illustrations focus on Blackbeard, the Ocracoke lighthouse and 20th century island life, bringing to more than 150 the book’s black-and-white illustrations. They also enhance the book’s positions as one of the Outer Banks’ best-selling memento books and gift books.
Like the author’s other coastal books, Ocracoke is a winner of the North Carolina Association of Historian’s Willie Parker Peace History Book Award. It is available at most Outer Banks booksellers, selected North Carolina and Virginia stores, and online sellers, including the author’s web site, www.RayMcAllister.com.
2020 Beach Glass Books
Affiliated with Ray McAllister Books LLC